Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Fuller back and front yards

You shouldn't have encouraged me.   I took pictures this morning and can't figure out which ones to not include, so you'll get more than you bargained for.  Since I have so many pictures, I'll dispense with my ramblings.  But stay tuned on Thursday when I talk about why God would give me ticker tape.

First, for dear Carole, here is the fairy or toad house I mentioned.  We went to my brother-in-laws family reunion last summer while we were in Minnesota and saw this at a park.  I want it!  I intend to build it but findig the time may be a problem.  I have a better idea, Carole, how about you building two of them and sending me one.  I just thought it was really cute and has a real tile roof.  Not sure how they did that - I'll have to research it.  Isn't this darling?

















Our back and front yards at home.



































 My herb garden.



 It looks bare right now because the petunias were just planted and the dahlias are only about 6" tall. They's get 8" tall before the summer is over and the flowers literally are the size of a dinner plate.

















Our own little grotto.  The statue belonged to my mother-in-law.



This bare wall under the hanging plants and the bare side of the garage will sport dinner plate dahlias in a couple of months.  (see last photo).




Our street has tall trees and is very shady.  People say it looks like a Normal Rockwell painting.
















Dinner plate dahlias soon to be in bloom with many colors.  This is just one example.


2 comments:

  1. Well that was a delightful tour..and not on a bike!! HaHa

    What a gorgeous yard Barb ~ Just beautiful, every shot. And I know Carole will love that little Fairyland house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Barb, I'm in love with your yard and look at all your gorgeous flowers, absolutely stunning! I love the way you have everything set up, it's so welcoming and I wish I could sit with you to have a cup of iced tea and admire your flowers:-) Next week I want to go buy my Petunias and Impatiens to plant in my faerie garden. Hopefully all danger of frost is now over with! lol

    Now as for that little faerie house...omigosh, how cute is that???? I've never seen one like that, it's so darling. I'm always on the lookout for a faerie house but all I've found so far is a faerie door! lol

    Share as many pictures as you want, I love seeing how other people decorate their homes and yards:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. We all need encouragement, me includeded but I love to encourage others as well. We're all on this journey of life together. Let's hold hands and forge ahead.

If you do not have a blog, you can comment by scrolling down to the bottom of the blog, click on "select profile"; then "anonymous". Be sure to sign your name so I know who you are.